Financial drivers, cash flow management, cost management, performance, organization and establishments.
This paper examined the effect of key financial drivers on organizational performance of public establishments in Nigeria. There exists difficulty in achieving continued exercise and growth, poor management funding, failure to adequately anticipate cash flow, technology or reaction to competition with private establishments, indiscipline among members in public ministry and ill-timed financing. The objectives of this study are therefore to; examine the effect of cash flow management on organizational performance of public establishments in Nigeria and examine the effect of cost management on organizational performance of public establishments in Nigeria. The research design for this study was experimental design used to test the hypothesis in reaching a valid conclusion. The population of the study comprised of the public establishments in Ogun State, and the target population of the study was Agbado District Comprehensive High School, Oke Aro, Ogun State using purposive sampling. The study employed the use of primary data through the administering of questionnaire. Multiple regression models were used to analyze the data. Based on the findings, the study recommended that public establishments should take advantage of the excellent benefits derivable from the adoption of well-designed cash flow management. Also, public establishments should carefully implement cost management techniques to aid business performance and ensure continuity.
Full Text : PDF
- Ademolekan, L., & Gboyega, A. (1979). Leading issues in Nigeria Public Service. University of Ife Press.
- Anyanwu. J., C. (1999). Analysis of Nigeria privatization, 1988-1995.
- Atrill, P. (2006). Financial Management for Decision Makers. New York: Prentice Hall.
- Baumol, W. (1952). “The transactions demand for cash: An Inventory Theoretic Approach. Quarterly Journal of Economics, 66 (1), 545-556.
- Crossman, E., R. (1953). Co-efficient Alpha and Internal Structure of Tests.
- Garson, G. 2012. Testing statistical assumptions. Asheboro, NC: Statistical Associates Publishing.
- Gichuki, W., C. (2012). Effect of Cost Management Strategies on the Financial Performance of Manufacturing Companies listed on the Nairobi Securities Exchange. A research project submitted for the award of degree of Master of Science in finance, University of Nairobi, Kenya.
- Head & Watson (2009). Exploring Corporate Strategy: Text and cases, 8th edition, London, prentice Hall, Pearson education Ltd. Jones, D., Mark, B. & Sim, J. (2007). A new look at the Antecedents.
- Hansen, D., R. (2005). Cost Management: Accounting and Control 5th edition, published in South- Western College.
- Kangangi, G., W. (2014). The Role of performance management on strategy implementation in the Insurance Industry in Kenya, Strategic Journal of Business and Change Management, 2(8), 133-157.
- Kombo, D., K., & Tromp, L., A. (2006). Proposal and Thesis Writing: An Introduction, Nairobi: Paulines Publications Africa.
- Mihaiu, D. (2014). Sustainable Performance of Public Organizations: Shaping a Coherent System for Implementing and Measuring the Concept. Studies in Business and Economics, 9(3).
- Mutindi, J., M., Namusonge, G., S., & Obwogi, J. (2013). Effect of Strategic Management Drivers on Organizational Performance: A Survey of the Hotel Industry in Kenya Coast. International Journal of Art and Commerce, 2(11), pp. 21-35.
- Muchina, S., & Kiano, E. (2011). Influence of Working Capital Management on Firms Profitability: A Case of SMEs in Kenya. International Business Management, 5(5), pp. 279-286.
- Mutti, C., & Hughes, W. (2002). Cash Flow Management in Construction Firms. In: Greenwood, D(Ed.), 18th Annual ARCOM Conference, 2-4 September 2002, University of Northumbria, Association of Researchers in Construction Management, vol. 1, 23-32.
- Mshenga, P.., & Owuor, G. (2009). Research Methods: Quantitative and Qualitative Approaches.
- Naser, K., Nuseibel, R. & Al-Hadeya, A. (2013). Working Capital Management and Financial Performance on manufacturing sector in Sri Lanka. European Journal of Business Management, 4(15), 23-30.
- Pandey, I. M. (2008). “Financial Management”, 10th Edition. New Delhi: Vikas Publishing House Pvt. Limited.
- Stenzel, P. (2010). “Corporate Performance of public enterprises in Scotland. International Research Journal of Finance and Economics, 8 (5), 23-27.
- Wael, O., A. (2017). New Emerging Trends in Organizational Learning to Business Enterprises Development with Special Focus on Egypt. Global Journal of Political Science and Administration, 5(5), 1-16.
- Williamson, O., E. (1975). Markets and Hierarchies. Free Press, New York, USA.